On Midnight Wings - Adrian Phoenix

On Midnight Wings (The Maker's Song #5)

A DESPERATE SEARCH. A DARK AND DANGEROUS JOURNEY. AND EVERY STEP COULD DESTROY EVERYONE DANTE LOVES.

ONLY ONE MORTAL WOMAN CAN SAVE HIM . . .

As Dante Baptiste’s true identity as both True Blood and Fallen ripples throughout New Orleans, he and Heather struggle for their lives against different foes, fighting their way back to each other. To free herself from her father’s treachery, Heather accepts help from an ally–and steps into even greater danger. Dante, lost to his brutal past, wavers between his own sense of self and the Bad Seed-programmed S that lurks within, between the never-ending Road and the Great Destroyer. And the danger of becoming both.

. . . UNLESS THE FALLEN REACH HIM FIRST.

Lucien searches frantically for the lovers, all too aware that time is running out. Dark forces continue to gather, eager to possess and manipulate the young vampire for their own ends. The fate of mortals, nightkind, and the Fallen pivots around Dante as he struggles to piece together his shattered psyche and gain control of his power before he rips all three worlds asunder.

===================================================

My Review :

I really loved this series.... but since the last book I've read was 2011, I was having a hard time catching up as to who is who and what is what. It is still action packed and all, it just got real confusing this time for me. There is just way too many characters to keep up with and that's besides which one was vampire, shifters, fallen angels, good or bad human..

And it's a cliffhanger as always. My rating is not really fair to say if you re-read the previous books again maybe it'll all make sense to me. But, just on reading this one, I'd say much as I want to like it, I am more confused than liking it.

Though, I would still read the next book, hoping it won't be 2 years from now, see if Heather and Dante gets their HEA.