Possession (The Plus One Chronicles #2) by Jennifer Lyon

Possession - Jennifer Lyon

Savagely sexy billionaire Sloane Michaels ruthlessly controls his life and everything in it. Even his sex partners are carefully negotiated plus-one arrangements, including his latest, the fiery bakery owner, Kat Thayne. But Sloane’s control is challenged when his mentor becomes seriously ill, and his need for Kat, his need to possess her at all costs, rivals only his single-minded goal of vengeance for the murder of his sister.

After surviving an attack six years ago, Kat Thayne escaped her fears in the protective world of her beloved bakery. Then Sloane Michaels storms into her life, making her feel beautiful, strong and sexy. Yet as Kat pushes her boundaries and uncovers a dangerous secret in her past, Sloane’s controlling side emerges. Worried that Sloane will possess her mind, body and soul, Kat fights to keep her hard won independence. But just as Sloane demands her complete surrender, she discovers he has a dark side that could destroy them both.

========================================

At the last page, my brain goes:

Damn the cliffhanger!!!!

This time, the lovely Kat is not tapping out! She's all in... well, sort of. Relationship between Kat and Sloane has not only gone way hotter but stronger. They are definitely more than each others plus-one.

But Sloane's need for vengeance could destroy it all. And, at the same time, Kat is slowly remembering what happened to her when she was almost beaten to death.

Okay, I am loving this series, Sloane specially... Again, short read... next thing you know, you're at the end.

BUT, I got book 3 waiting. One of the reason I wait for all books to come out and start reading!