Convicted (Consequences #3) by Aleatha Romig

Convicted  - Aleatha Romig

You must stick to your CONVICTION, but be ready to abandon your assumptions - Denis Waitley

Book #3 of the Consequences Series—

There were still lessons to learn and consequences for the truth!
When Claire Nichols met Anthony Rawlings, she didn’t know they had a past, or that he had plans for her future. Over time, the role of teacher changed—games became reality—and domination turned to desire. Despite an insurmountable history, Claire and Tony found their way back to one another.

Just when they seemed to have it all—love, respect, and the promise of a family—the game master exposed the truth. Claire’s world once again spun out of control. Unwilling to allow her child to suffer the consequences of an old vendetta, Claire fled...

At one time, Claire was held captive in an opulent mansion—then her incarceration was a cell inside a state penitentiary. Was her new prison—a tropical island—truly less lonely? Perhaps that was the game master’s plan, all along?

Who will save Claire from her oldest nightmare and her newest reality? Will it be Tony? Can he forgive her for leaving him—again? Harry? Will he utilize previously unknown connections to save the woman who infiltrates his thoughts? Maybe Phil? Will his devotion in keeping Claire and her child safe be rewarded?

As the cards are played—sins of the past, innocent victims, and truths are revealed. With compartmentalization no longer an option, is the reality too much? Could there be an even worse isolation?

With the game master dealing from a stacked deck, can this new high-stakes game possibly be won?

When it’s all over and their cards are on the table—SOME will discover their bets were too high—they have nothing left to lose—ALL will learn the crucial lesson—the most important rule—there are CONSEQUENCES for the TRUTH!

===========================================

3 brilliant stars!

I wanted to rate this book 5 stars, really do, but I gotta be honest, I almost did not want to finish, and not because it's not a good story, cause it is.

Story started with a hell of shocker, which was good cause you'd want to know what got it there!! It takes you back to the past, then the present. And it just drags on from there, which is a killer. It really was just all over the place. Like there's the part about what happened to Harry? To the end, I still don't know who and what that was about. I have my theories though. It was so darn confusing and just dragging.

But it was just the perfect ending for Tony and Claire, and still with a hint of mystery in the end. This has been a really good series to start with, with all the mind fucks from book one and two. Book three is still amazing if you can get past all the side trips and get to the end.

Now I need some really light read after this.