Gabriel's Inferno

Gabriel's Inferno - Sylvain Reynard 4 Interesting Stars!

I didn't like Gabriel in the beginning, no one will, he was arrogant, cold, a snob, and just mean! Though Paul basically described him as to the way he was dressed with the pocket watch and vest, as antique, I thought that was funny... But he is what Julia described his place was, elegant, cold and tasteful... He did warm up along the way, and you would understand him more too...

Julia's character is sweet and so innocent and so fragile that is sometimes too much it was irritating. A 23 years old virgin who fell in love with Gabriel when she was 17.

The style of writing is interesting, their conversation is quite formal, just like in historical romance. The story line got me really interested.. except that I find it dragged on just a little bit too much that it kind of lost a little bit of its momentum. It's a student-teacher romance but only they've known each other way before then, only Gabriel was too high to remember if it was a dream or real.

It was really amusing... And poetic... And romantic... I don't speak or understand Italian, but I can just picture those words spoken....

(In translation Gabriel was praising Julia, her beauty and her goodness, comparing her to a pearl and declaring that Love, itself, was featured in her visage.)

There is a lot of sexual tension but only one sex scene, the much awaited one and it didn't disappoint. ;)

All in all, it's a lovely read and I can't wait to read the next book.

Review also posted here :