Shattered Heart

Shattered Heart - Ann  Stewart, Stephanie Nash 4.5 Alex is awesome stars!

A Joint review with Silvana, who I absolutely love, and who read this one with me.... cause once you start reading this book, you definitely will need a friend to rant with who knows what you're talking about....

THE PLAYERS:

Elyssa, you are killing us! Stand up and fight girl!!!! We get you but you are driving us insane, if you want him, fight, stop leading Alex or Oliver on!

description

Arianna, you are the evil of all evil…. We still don’t know what is wrong with you, what is your problem? Obviously you are obsessed, insane and pathetic!

description

Oliver, we admit we never did like you much… and now we only feel sorry for you. But you need to move on!

description

Cole, grow up, man up and leave Elyssa alone! There is an incident in the book that leads the reader to believe that Cole may have woken up and realized the folly of his actions, unfortunately this is not so.

description

Alex… We hurt for you! Elyssa is quite lucky… you deserve better!

THE STORY:

Elyssa and Alex’s saga continues with Arianna, the villainous mastermind who she wants Alex for herself... She is not above using any means to get Elyssa to leave Alex or else!

Their story is FRUSTRATING! Reading it made us so angry and yet at the same time were thoroughly captivated, there was this need to keep going in order to find out what happens next.

Most of the time we were getting whiplash by Elyssa… It was exhausting being in her head; There is however a light at the end of the tunnel, where things are finally moving to where we feel they should. However throughout the novel, she was beyond frustrating! At times there is sympathy for her and then my empathy turned into anger at her hypocrisy and weakness. We knew our anger towards her at times was irrational, due to the circumstances that lead her to behave the way she does, just cannot help feeling disappointed in her.

Elyssa~~~“I don’t think there’s anything left to give you. I love you, but right now, love isn’t enough.”~~~

The sign of a good author is the extent in which they can make you feel connected with the character, whether positively or just wish they are cut into a million pieces, the latter is the way we feel towards Arianna- The authors succeeded in making her the most hateful character we have come across.

This book will intrigue you, it will rile you up and it’ll break your heart… It’ll make you fall in love with Alex more. Just like the previous book, the epilogue will suck you in… looking forward for what’s next!

All in all, we say BRILLIANT! Most of the time you are reading this, your feelings will range from frustration to anger coupled with hope. This reads like a soap opera full of intrigue, angst, love and betrayal.

Written in Elyssa and Alex’s POV. The little we get of Alex’s POV will make you admire him so much more, his loyalty and love of Elyssa know no bounds.

A big thank you to Stephanie and Ann for the ARC, We can’t wait for the third book because we trust that…

REVIEW ALSO POSTED HERE :